Monday, 28 November 2011

Another new plot progress update

This is the area where we dug out that big old bramble a couple of weeks ago. We have put in some new supports for the grapevines and loganberry that we plan to put in.

And this is the remains of the bonfire we had last night, on which said bramble was ceremoniously burnt.

I have made quite a bit of progress with the digging, gradually removing all those chrysanths, which is a shame as they are still flowering away...  the green bit at the back is the first bit I dug, which is now covered in weeds again!

And this is my 'shed' ... until such time as I can put up something a bit more substantial, with guttering for rainwater etc.


Jo said...

It's so annoying how fast the weeds grow back. It's looking great, you can see that you're putting the work in, unlike my allotment where there's so much digging still to do. I think it will be waiting until spring now.

Shaheen said...

Its amazing how much you can accomplish, but it is such hard work. Looking foward to seeing the real growing, not the weeds of course.

Jo said...

There's an award for you on my blog. You're under no obligation to accept it, I know how time consuming these kind of posts are, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog.