Monday, 8 February 2010
So the mushrooms have... well... mushroomed. They look like alien life-forms. I wonder when the top bit starts to expand? The gills are starting to develop, but it doesn't quite look like an oyster mushroom yet.
Today I remembered I have some Stevia seeds, which said you could sow them from January onwards, so I have put them in the propogator, as they need some heat. Here are some pictures of it. The leaves can be used as a calorie-free sugar substitute, and I am going to use it to cook fruit with, and then eat it with home-made yogurt - very healthy! (That's if it grows ok, it's all very experimental).
I managed to get to the allotment on Saturday and do some digging. I have dug in the green manure in the potato patch, and the bit where I'm going to put in my new blackcurrant bushes. So starting to feel like I have made some progress.