Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snow and tomatoes

I had to take some bokashi composting down to the allotment today so took the camera with me as I haven't done any photos of it lately. The snow was looking quite patchy by now as the sun has been shining warmly on it all morning. Steam came out of the compost bin when I opened it, which is encouraging. But apparently there is more snow coming tonight and tomorrow.

Another encouraging sight! Another four to six weeks and we should start to see some flowers here.

These tracks, which were all over all the allotments, look like either a dog taking itself for a walk (no human tracks) or more probably, foxes. Here are mummy fox and baby fox...


And finally, my Marmande tomatoes took a mere four days to germinate in the heated propogator!!!

No comments: