Monday 18 May 2009

The Mean Green Bean Machine


This is a picture of my dad's home made bean support frame. As I understand it, it is securely anchored into the ground so it won't blow away, and at the end of the summer, you can fold it flat for storage - genius! Unfortunately it is not on my allotment, but in my parents' garden. Actually I wouldn't dare put something that posh on my allotment, that would be asking for trouble.



Here is a very rare picture of me, in fact probably one of only two pictures of me, on the allotment, looks like I'm weeding the peas. Everything has grown a lot since this was taken about two weeks ago. Notice how the peas and broad beans are leaning right over in the gale force winds...


I have put up my support canes for my tomatoes, and today's mission is to get some wood to make my own bean frame. If there's time and it isn't raining I might even try and construct it. I have decided to try and plant out the runner beans before we go on holiday too. They are already outgrowing their pots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, how posh is that! Very nice! I would agree that you may aswell put a neon sign above it saying "please destroy me" on your plot!!! Shame..